Sunday, June 14, 2009

And so it begins...


SUMMER!!!! Our last workday was on Friday the 12th. So, I am living up my first weekend of summer! Until Monday morning at least when summer school workday happens and summer school then begins. I can't complain because it's only half a days work for pretty decent pay.

By 7:30 Sat. morning, I had already put in my first load of laundry, had a cup of coffee, and was starting to clean my extremely dirty house! It stinks that I can't sleep in late anymore...I would have taken sleeping until 7:00 even! Pattie and I went on an afternoon jog at the park. I didn't realize it had gotten that hot; so even Pattie was worn out this time! I know I was! I came back home to get the food ready for Girls Wine Night!

I hosted the evening at my house. Everyone started coming over around 7:30 and we stood in the kitchen until after 9:00. Hopefully one day I'll have a kitchen with barstools, or at least more counter space for people to sit on! We munched on cheese/crackers and a yummy black bean & corn salsa I made. I had chocolate covered strawberries in the fridge, but they didn't turn out as great as expected. I'll just have to host again to redeem myself. Of course, they were still okay. You just can't go wrong with chocolate and fruit in my opinion!

Now that the evenings done, I've had a goodnights sleep, and the dishes are done; it's off to the lake!!! Mandi and Ryan invited me along with some other friends. Should be exciting!!!!

No comments: