Thursday, June 11, 2009

It's Official...


...the parking spot is now mine!!! Now, I just have remember to park in it!
The first end of year workday we have a breakfast at Atlanta Bread. It's a time for coffee, muffins, danishes, croissants, and adult conversation! It's also a time where we say goodbye to the staff members that will be leaving us. The biggest one this year is our dear Mr. Pressley. Luckily, there were not too many tears today. We have all been on one big roller coaster of emotions this week. After all the presents were given, the current teacher of the year stood up for one last presentation. I was thinking we had something else for Mr. Pressley, and then she pulled it out. The famous hat! It's a colorful beanie complete with a spinner on top. Every TOY writes on it, then passes it along to the next teacher. The tradition is only about 5 years old...and so it began! I have officially taken over!
As I was pulling into a parking spot back at school, I noticed the TOY parking spot had been decorated! I reversed and pulled into my own parking spot for the next year! It came in handy today when I was leaving school during another afternoon storm! (It's not the best picture, but all I had with me was my cell phone.)

No comments: