Monday, June 15, 2009

The Lake





Sunday morning I met Mandi, Ryan, Ann, and Brad to head down to the lake. Ryan (and Mandi) have a boat complete with everything you need to enjoy yourself on the water! We loaded up the truck and headed down to Lake Keowee for the day.
Now, I have been on a boat before and have jumped in the water to cool off. However, I have never attempted tubing or water skiing! I was picturing a relaxing day of sitting on the boat watching everyone show off their talents in the water. Ryan and Mandi had other plans! By the end of the almost 6 hours on the lake, I had gone tubing and successful been thrown off while swallowing a mouth full of lake water! It sounds bad, but it really was fun!
Mandi was also determined to get me to try skiing. I said I would try 4 times so as not to take up other peoples time. The first time I almost got up. The second time I think I was actually up for about 2 seconds. The third and fourth time I completely came out of the skiis and went forward! I bet it would have been great on video! All I could do was laugh and brag that no one else could do my trick two times in a row! ;) I also told them I was determined to get up and ski before summer was over. So, hopefully we are going back in about a week!
I put sunscreen all over and even reapplied halfway through the day. Of course, I have bright red spots in weird places that I know I put sunscreen on! Overall, I'm a little sore in my neck and were the sunburn is; but it's nothing like I thought I'd be! I'm ready to go back and try again!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So jealous! Looks like you girls had a blast!

:)