Saturday, June 19, 2010

Big Steps


During workdays this week, I decided it was time to really test Pattie. So, each morning when I left for work Pattie was left out in the house. She has made it up to 5 1/2 hours so far but this would take her to 8+ hours by herself. I opened the blinds to the sliding glass door and the big open window in the front room in hopes the squirrels, birds, and bunnies would hold her attention. It worked! For three straight days, Pattie stayed in the house by herself! Two of those nights, I came home for about an hour before leaving again for another 3+ hours. She's growing up! Thursday night Pattie and I went walking in the woods with Anna, her dog Clemson, Ann, and her dog Chloe. Halfway through the walk, Anna decided to test Clemson off the leash. He did great and even got in the water with the girls! What a grown-up week for these pups!
Last night Chloe came to stay with us and Pattie had another episode. Lesson learned...keep Pattie on the leash or shock collar! After Chloe arrived, I took both pups over to play with Clemson while Anna and I got our 80's outfits for tonights' music together. Today I will be in charge of 4 dogs while my neighbors are on vacation and until Chloe gets picked up. Luckily their yard is one big fenced in fun zone so all four pups will be in there while I mow the grass. All next week Pattie gets to play with them so hopefully she will be one happy pup! (the first picture is of the pups after the walk and was taken with Anna's cell phone, sent to me on Facebook where I saved the picture to my computer. I can't get it any bigger. The second picture is last night from my cell phone of Pattie and Chloe passed out together!)

No comments: