Thursday, June 10, 2010

Sweet 16 times two

Yes folks, you read correctly. I turned 32 yesterday and it was a fabulous day! I'm thinking I might enjoy my 30's more than my 20's. 29 was a hard number for me to digest, but it has continued to get better with each new number. I'm almost having more fun now then I did in my 20's and maybe that's not saying much!
My birthday was spent at school teaching six year olds. Well, let's back up. What kind of teaching do you think really happened on the 178th day of school?! We had water day all morning, lunch outside, played outside, and ate cookie cake topped with a good 1 1/2 to 2 inches worth of whipped icing; my favorite! After school, 15 of us gathered at Blue Sky for dinner! Maggie called ahead and they actually reserved 3 tables on the patio for us. I've never had reserved seating at my birthday before! Crystal, with the help from Owen, made lemon pudding cupcakes which were divine! I brought home 3 extras which I am savoring. Mandi and Ryan also brought a cookie cake which was also might tasty! I had 2 desserts Tuesday night, brownie topped with ice cream and strawberries at lunch, cookie cake with icing for snack, then a cupcake and a few bites of another cookie cake after dinner. I certainly "had my cake too"! Last year's birthday was quite enjoyable, but this year proved to be even better! I am certainly lucky to have such wonderful friends with which to celebrate!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: birthday!
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This free digital slideshow customized with Smilebox

No comments: