Sunday, June 13, 2010

It's Done!


Friday afternoon ended the school year! No more tying shoes, opening milk cartons, listening to tattling, or hearing whining until August 25th. However, I will miss bear hugs, random funny sayings, and making me laugh daily; but I think I can find something to keep my mind off that for the summer! Friday afternoon a group of us from school headed to the Black Rose for drinks and appetizers to celebrate. This event followed our impromptu dance party we had in the front office where we did the electric slide, the cupid shuffle, and let the three retirees dance down our line to Celebration! I came home that afternoon and enjoyed another cocktail with Ann while the pups ran crazy around the yard.
Saturday morning, I met up with some friends to run a race. Ann sent out an e-mail last week trying to get some friends to sign up for the Run for Kids Sake 5k at Warren Wilson college. It supported the Boys and Girls Club of the area so I signed myself up. The course went through the streets of the campus, back into trails along the creek, and snaked it's way back to the starting line. I had heard that this campus was pretty but had never made my way out there. It was not my best time, but I enjoyed running. Brad, Ann, Justin, and I enjoyed our snacks after the race then headed back to our houses. Maybe next year Maggie can run the race with us! I will certainly keep this race in mind for next June!
The afternoon was spent showering and running errands before meeting Ann and Brad to watch USA play England. We decided to just hang at their house which was great for the pups. Pattie and Chloe played together while we cheered on the USA! Pattie and I headed over to Jon and Caitlin's house after the game. Caitlin's birthday was Friday so they were having a cook-out to celebrate. Pattie and their puppy Brutus played together while the adults enjoyed fish tacos and cocktails. We made our way back to Ann and Brad's house around 8:30 so I could drop off Pattie. We left the dogs together in the house to play while we headed downtown for Wendy's going away party. In two weeks, she will be joining the Peace Corps in China to work and teach. She had quite a good turnout of people gathered to wish her well. After dropping Ann off and picking up my tired puppy, we got home after midnight. I crashed and actually slept until 9:45! Well, I woke up at my normal 5:40 time and was in and out of sleep until 9:30. My body needed some good rest! Now it's on to relaxing today!

No comments: