Sunday, June 27, 2010

Cook-out

After spending two days in a workshop and one day in a planning session I was ready for summer to officially begin. What did I do? Walked in the morning, took recycling, then went to school! I know, absurd right?! One of the teams got the brilliant idea to paint paw prints all over the walls of the school so I went for about 2 hours and helped paint. I did get a free lunch out of the deal and some time away from the classroom with other teachers. What do I have planned for Monday? You guessed it. Walking then painting at school for a few hours. What is wrong with me?!
Friday I was able to stay away by having lunch with another teacher I used to work with and attempting a pool trip. I went with Crystal and her boys to the pool. Owen and I were almost at the edge when they blew the whistle because of thunder. After sitting under the covered part for 30 minutes and watching the lightening get closer, we asked for our money back and left. They couldn't give our money back, but gave us a free pass. So we are hoping to try again on Tuesday. It was fun to hang out with the kids though!
Saturday was spent grocery shopping and mowing the grass before watching Team USA give it their all. I headed over to Anna and Blair's house to watch the end of the game before everyone came over for the cook-out that we have been trying to have since the end of April! There were an awful lot of dark clouds and thunder looming around us, but luckily it cooled things off and passed with out dumping rain on us making for a cooler night to sit outside with friends. I only got a few pictures before my camera battery died. The boys enjoyed playing "hide-n-seek", the girls enjoyed gabbing, and the three guys enjoyed getting to know each other better. It was a wonderful way to get summer started!

No comments: