Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Birthday Weekend


My sweet mother came up Saturday morning to spend some time with me for my birthday. Dad actually offered too but mom knew he wouldn't enjoy the window shopping, leisurely lunch, and girlie movie time so much. I'll take a trip home the end of June to see him for late Father's day and we can catch up then. After mom arrived Saturday morning, we headed to a consignment shop on our way to Tupelo Honey for lunch...yum! The afternoon was spent shopping (mostly looking) and stopping for ice cream before taking Pattie for a walk. That evening, we made a pineapple and pepperoni pizza at home before popping in a movie, Valentine's Day. Sunday morning, mom made me chocolate chip pancakes (I realize I'm five and I'm okay with it) before we headed to church. We enjoyed a salad from Zaxby's while enjoying Up In The Air. Shortly after the movie, mom headed back down the mountain. What a great way to celebrate!
I'm never truly celebrated a birthday week, but this year has turned into one:
Tuesday: summer brew
Wednesday: chocolate milkshake and hamburger from Cook-out
Thursday: pulling weeds...it's free therapy
Friday: reading a People magazine (after cleaning!)
Saturday: hanging with my mom enjoying a bloddy mary
Sunday: chocolate pancakes
Monday: trail run with Ann and Chloe
Tuesday: hanging out at my friend Anna's house
I'm thinking of doing this every year! :)

No comments: