Friday, July 17, 2009

Friday Fun

Well, since I wasn't able to do any updating while in Raleigh, I have finally caught up on posts. Of course, there are still many more days ahead of us so there is the potential to fall behind again. I'll keep trying my best...
So, we have made it one week now. Let me just say it's been a busy week for all. It's amazing how busy kids can keep you, and I'm not even working now! I truly admire all those mommies and daddies out there! I guess it could also be different at your own house with your own routine, but still I'm pooped!!! I woke this morning determined the cold was not going to take over and determined that Pattie was going to be a better listener today. So, the two of us went for a short jog at 7 this morning. This totally woke me up and got some energy out for Pattie.
I took Sawyer and Pattie over to Grandmother Gen's to play. Pattie had a good time running and practicing coming for treats. Sawyer and I jumped on the trampoline, played on the swing set, and chased Pattie until it started thundering. We headed back to GG and PaPa's house where it cleared up. So, we sat on the driveway and played with some "tools" before heading inside to help GG make banana bread. After helping in the kitchen, GG cut his hair. No Jammie, we didn't cut Caroline's hair yet! We think Caroline is trying to catch the cold so her low grade fever was making her a little out of sorts today. She didn't take much of her naps and didn't want to miss anything that big brother was doing.
After lunch and naps, we played a bit before heading to Wal-Mart. We must be desperate huh?! We had to get a few things, then we let Sawyer walk around the toy section for a good 30 minutes. He was really good about just looking and asking for things for his birthday. However, there were no temper trantrums when he couldn't buy anything. Good Boy!
Dad brought home yummy Dairi-O hotdogs for supper. After supper I suggested we take the kids down to the park to play and to get Caroline some fresh air. So, all five of us headed out for about an hour trip walking there, playing, and walking home. Sawyer even pushed Caroline up the big hill (with a little help from PaPa steering)! Sawyer and I played a little more outside with Pattie then took baths and headed to bed. Whew!

No comments: