Wednesday, July 08, 2009

No Pups

Well, there will be no pups for Pattie! Even though she has been a good puppy, I just don't want to have a large amount of puppies to take care of one day. I dropped her off at the vet Tuesday morning for her surgery. I have no doubt in my mind she will now hate going to the vet with a passion! It was strange coming home and not having a puppy follow me around from room to room.
I called them around lunch time to see when I could come get her. They were not sure yet because she was still waking up, however, they told me the doctor wanted to talk with me and would call me. Well, after waiting for an hour and a half, I called the vet! I couldn't handle the anticipation. First they said that I could come get her anytime and second that she would be coming home with some medicine. She is like an old woman now! She has her pain medication, a pill for a puppy rash on her belly, and eye drops for pink eye! I thought her eye looked infected Tuesday morning, so they said they would check it out for me. I had also seen some bumps on her belly Monday night, so good thing I was already taking her to the vet! Needless to say, I will be eating ramen noodles and drinking water for the rest of the month! :)
The pictures are from last night and are hard to see I know. I took them with my phone. The first one is of her lying on her bed sleeping with her head in the air! The second one is her sleeping on the bottom of the coffee table. She was snoring in this position until her head rolled off and woke her up! Never fear...playful Pattie is making a comeback!

No comments: