Saturday, July 18, 2009

Hard Days Work...

on the golf course that is! That's how Sawyer spent his late afternoon, but before I get to that let's back up to the days events.
My new routine in life has become awake by 7, play with kids, entertain a puppy, play with kids, play with kids, rest time, eat time, play with kids, play with kids, dinner, play with the kids, bath, put them to bed, sit on the slow computer and try to update the blog. At least tonight I'm enjoying a beer while updating! Man, I need my friends huh?! Actually, I will probably miss all this when I'm back home. It will certainly be quiet with just Pattie around. I'll be wishing for this crazy life back!
So, Caroline was still running a fever today. It got higher today, but she still seemed happy for the most part. She did want to be held more and really wasn't sure what else she wanted even though we tried a million things! She does sound more congested or maybe she's cutting teeth? She didn't take much of her naps today, so she went to bed right at 8 tonight. She pretty much layed low at the house with GG.
I was able to get a quick walk in with Pattie before taking over my duties. Sawyer and I met Kyle and Marie for lunch at Skippy's. It's in downtown Winston-Salem and I highly recommend it if you're ever this way. It was amazing how much the downtown has changed and how much I never get down there. I guess whenever I'm home it's all about family time; which I'm not complaining about just simply stating a fact. We were able to sit outside and enjoy the sights and sounds during lunch.

After naps today, Sawyer decided he wanted to go "hit some really far shots" at PaPa's golf course. Funny he thinks that it's PaPa's golf course because I'm sure PaPa wishes it was his too! PaPa, Sawyer, and I headed out late afternoon. Sawyer enjoyed putting keeping his head down low and really concentrating. He hit a few "really far shots", but I must say today was not his best performance. I guess he was feeling that too, because he enjoyed filling all the "holes" with sand more than hitting golf balls! While he was busy putting too much sand on the ground, I hit a few balls and actually got them in the air. I probably made it 300 yards....or more like 150-200. Either way, it was fun!
The evening wrapped up with dinner, a little training with Pattie, a little bit of playing, a quick walk with GG,Caroline, Sawyer, and Pattie; baths, and bedtime. All in all a pretty good day!

1 comment:

Phillip said...

Thanks for the great pics. I love them. Keep us updated on our sweet Caroline! I am thinking of her. i hate that you guys are having to deal with her little fever and most likely ear infection! Please call us if you need. It will make me feel better! Jammie