Friday, July 31, 2009

Old Friends


My dear friend Dana flew into NC last week and will be staying through this next weekend. She has been at her parents house and was able to come up to the mountains to spend the day! Her favorite place to eat was PaPa's and Beer, so a few of us met there for a late lunch. Tippy and Marian, who taught with her in 1st grade, came by to bring their shower gifts since they can't go on Sunday. We enjoyed lunch then hung out at Mandi's house for a few hours.


It was time for Dana to eat again, so we headed out for some ice cream at Marble Slab (another place she is not able to enjoy out in CO). You'd think that Dana never ate as tiny as she is, but she says she has to eat every few hours because she can't eat too much in one sitting. Wish this was my problem too! Either way, it was a great excuse for me to enjoy some ice cream as well.






We headed out to Marshall's and Target so she could find a baby gift for another friend of hers. That sounds like a good deal to me. Take a present to a baby shower and leave with a gift for your own baby! Sending Dana with a snack, she headed back down the mountain. It wasn't hard to say goodbye since I'll be seeing her on Sunday for her 2nd shower of the weekend!!!


(notice the fabulous red glasses I have on in one picture? I couldn't hold my eyes open because of the sun, so Mandi graciously lent me hers. I think she was just tired of standing there waiting to get the picture taken!)

No comments: