Friday, July 17, 2009

West Coast Visits

While Phillip and Jammie got to see Maggie and Matt on the west coast, we got to see Laura from the west coast! Grant was playing golf with his folks that afternoon, so Laura came up with him to visit. The first time she came, Sawyer and I were napping. I was trying to catch dad's cold, so I think I slept for over 2 hours. Sawyer ended up sleeping almost 3 hours. Laura was able to spend some quality time by herself with Caroline letting mom go to the grocery store. Mom and I took Sawyer with us to run some errands that morning, but we didn't make it to the grocery store for our last stop. It was too close to lunch and naptime and we smelled a meltdown coming. So we quickly headed home saying we'd come to the store later.

Laura came back over to the house after we were all up from our naps and visited for a few more minutes before going to meet Grant. She was also schooled in Geography 101 by Professor Gribble. She and Sawyer looked at some of the books Sawyer checked out from the library and got a little more playing time in with Caroline. Sawyer and GG went back to the library to return a few things and get some more books. Caroline and I took Pattie outside to try and burn off from energy. I have to say that Pattie has been catching the frisbee in the air..she's about 2 for 5 right now! Caroline loves Pattie and loves to taking her toys to her.

After supper, we tried taking Pattie outside again until she decided to run and bark at the neighbor without listening to her command of "come". So, she was in "time out" inside while I took Sawyer up to the horse swing at Jane's house. Then it was on to baths and bedtime.

1 comment:

Phillip said...

He is a little dare devil isn't he. Sounds like you all are staying busy!!! Can't believe it has been only one week since I have seen the kids! I am really really missing them. Thanks for all the pics and videos. Caroline looks as if she has aged 3 months!

Jammie