Wednesday, July 15, 2009

One Year Sweeter

Tuesday morning, Sawyer and I once again awoke before anyone else. We ate breakfast and were ready to play with the boys. Once Heather was awake and we were able to share coffee together one last morning, I started packing up our stuff. When everything was loaded, Sawyer and I said goodbye to our wonderful host, hostess, and mini hosts. We headed over to play with the girls for a bit before leaving town.


The Hoggs, Lewis', Sawyer and I took Pattie down to a field close to their house for some running time! We all walked there, enjoyed the sunshine, and threw the ball for Pattie. After the kids finished up the snack, we headed back to the house for some playtime and lunch. After lunch, I said a sad goodbye to the Hoggs who will be flying back to Michigan on Thursday. Sawyer wanted to give hugs to everyone there, even the girls; then we loaded up and headed to see Caroline. It was her 1st birthday!!!

Sawyer took his nap in the car, so he was ready to play once we got home. Caroline was awake from her nap as well, so we enjoyed some good playing time together. Kathryn came over for dinner and the mini birthday party. Other family had prior engagements and our "sunday lunch bunch" crew is at the beach. We had pizza, salad, and a pink lemonade cake from Dewey's Bakery. When I was a little girl, I loved getting pink lemonade squares. So, mom decided to get a whole cake for Caroline!

Caroline was just as interested in the bows and bags as she was the presents inside. I think Sawyer had more fun opening everything up for her! He was a good big brother and excited to see Caroline; even though he wanted to stay and play in Raleigh.



I remember the morning Caroline was born. I was lucky to be in the delivery room when she was born just as I was with Sawyer. I can't believe she celebrated her 1st birthday already!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They are so cute! The birthday party looks like it was a success!!! Time sure does fly by fast!