Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Pimp My Ride

Tuesday morning mom left for work around 6:00, I think. I was of course still sleeping! I did wake up around 6:30 and started listening out for Caroline. Dad and I were on kid duty until lunch. Caroline was a little fussy; still not feeling quite herself. So she went down for a nap around 8:30 pretty easily.
Kathryn stopped by midmorning at which time Dad found out he had to go into work. So, Kathryn watched the kids while I finally got dressed and helped them each get dressed so we could head to the park. She didn't want Pattie to go in her crate while we were gone (I'm not brave enough to take 2 kids and a puppy to the park alone!) so she took Pattie to her house to play with "her cousins". Pattie had her first convertible ride! I headed down to the park with the kids for about an hour before it was time for lunch and naps. Kathryn brought a pooped Pattie home around noon. Sawyer got in the car and road down the short driveway and back up. He thought it was awesome!
When mom got home, she crashed with Sawyer and I was on Caroline duty. She woke from her nap, but was still not herself. After an attempt to get her back to sleep, I called a defeat and took her for a 45 minute stroller ride. Mom and Sawyer awoke shortly after our return and we all headed over to Kathryn's to play until supper time. Even Pattie went, but was a little less energetic this time! Uncle Dave-o showed up too and we all got a lesson on the rules of croquet. Kathryn, David, Sawyer, and I played a game while mom and Caroline walked around the yard before we all headed inside to play some more. The usual evening happened: play, supper, play, bath, books, bed. Sleep well.

No comments: